We are always looking for great people to become a part of the PBS team. We are looking for energetic, success-oriented people who thrive in a dynamic environment. We are in a fast-pace industry that rewards those who have the skills and inclination to adapt quickly and meet the challenges of driving the business forward. These attributes are at the very core of Professional Beauty Solutions' success.
Operations Assistant / EA to General Manager
Professional Beauty Solutions currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Operations Assistant/Executive Assistant who wants to join an exciting, fast-paced team to support our beauty distribution business.
Ideally you will be available to start immediately and commit to the long-term opportunity. You will be providing high quality operational and administration support to the GM and to ensure efficient systems and processes across the company and team.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Professional Beauty Solutions is a rapidly growing Australian family owned Beauty, Manufacturing & Distribution company. We deliver world-class professional beauty brands and education to salons, spas and clinics nationally. We take great pride in meeting the needs and empowering our salon partners in their pursuit of business and skincare success. Likewise, we are driven to offer the same incredible experience for our team, believing that a happy team is an effective team. Our team culture is the cornerstone to our success and it is a driven fast paced culture that thrives on results.
Working as a respected team member and reporting to the GM, this role will suit a candidate who thrives on organisational excellence and loves to inspire and lead their team to smoothly manage the high peaks in workload whilst also achieving the strategic objectives for the business.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly capable and internally motivated individual who is extremely organised and possesses the ability to think clearly under pressure and successfully manage conflicting demands. You will play a critical role in coordinating and supporting the leadership team as well as building and maintaining internal and external relationships with stakeholders.
As the Executive Assistant it is critical that you thrive on being across everything. We need an intelligent, confident and mature team member who can hit the ground running and knows how to calmly juggle a busy office and make decisions quickly. You will need to maintain a willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure the smooth operations of this rapidly growing company. To identify when things are urgent, be confident in your decisions and take responsibility for the administration of the business.
Your main duties will involve but not limited to:
- Managing the tasks of the General Manager and Operations Manager
- Ensuring that the GM is kept up to date and across all facets of the business
- Be the central point of contact and effective liaison with management, staff and external stakeholders
- Initiating assistance as appropriate and follow up all requests/actions in a timely manner
- Liaise with local and international suppliers and distribution partners
- Extracting and manipulating sales data to provide accurate sales projections
- Use discretion in the absence of the CEO and GM to attend to urgent matters or to redirect queries as appropriate.
- Invoice and Purchase Order processing
- Assisting the operations team with Stock management, including preparing and placing stock orders and liaising with freight agents
- Preparing correspondence, documents, reports and presentations in consultation with the relevant Manager
- Perform nominated projects and ad-hoc duties as required.
- Daily office walks to ensure its smooth running, checking in with the team and ensuring the resolution of any issues that arise are in line with the company culture
- Assist in organising events ie. Team Member of the Month lunch, Sydney International Beauty Expo, Annual Gala Dinner
- Assist in office projects, such IT relocations
- Filing and tidying the workspace of both the GM and CEO
- Ad hoc administration support to the warehouse, marketing, sales and customer service teams
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IS REQUIRED?
To be successful in this position, you will need the following requirements:
- 3-5 years previous experience in a similar operations role or strong background in an EA role
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products – in particular an advanced level of manipulating data in EXCEL
- Proven track record of learning and using a variety of ERP and CRM systems
- Adaptability and flexibility to evolve in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgement, discretion and initiative, with the capability of maintaining strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly professional with an ability to build quick rapport and build strong customer and team relationships
- Be an approachable team player with a willingness to assist in all areas of this growing business
- Ability to remain calm and focused when under pressure, whilst also taking appropriate actions to solve daily challenges that may arise
- You must be super organised and an impeccable multi-tasker, with the ability to develop and implement and follow procedures with meticulous detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to work with a range of skills sets and personalities
- A well-developed ability to prioritise tasks
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to work close to home in the SUTHERLAND SHIRE. If you a have been travelling into the city and would like the advantage of working closer to home with an amazing team, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!!
Please note that we will only consider applicants who include a personalised cover letter addressing your interest and detailing why YOU believe you're the best person for the job along with your resume via Seek.
Our offices are located in the south of Sydney in Kurnell. Public transport is not readily available so own car would also be required.
Only successful applicants will be notified.