Black Friday (24th Nov) and Cyber Monday (27th Nov) are two of the BIGGEST shopping days of the year with 137 million shopping over the weekend in 2016, and an estimated $682 billion to be spent this year in the USA alone. If you are currently thinking “Woah that’s amazing!”, it’s time for you to enter the fold and craft unique promotions to get your clients coming into salon to try services or new products.
Promoting Black Friday is a great salon marketing tool when used properly. This shopping day can boost a potential quiet month in salon – in the lead up to Christmas, November can be slower – as well as encouraging clients to spend more money in order to get a good deal.
Here are some quick promotion ideas to market your salon in the Black Friday craze:
- Market Season-based Services. Brand your services uniquely themed to the season with modifying your classic treatment names to spring up holiday feelings. Why not surprise your loyal clients with a surprise complimentary holiday service? It is not only a great way to say thank you, but also draws attention to your creativity and brings to the forefront of their mind their need to rebook before the Christmas period.
- Gift Cards! This idea can be hugely successful at this time of the year, and it’s fantastic to promote on Black Friday with 63% of Black Friday purchases being gifts for others. It is effective to offer your client a gift card and something in return, such as ‘purchase a $100 gift card for a friend, and receive your own $25 gift card free’. This is something special that they know is a rare promotion, and will feel rewarded by you. And when they return, they are likely to use this card on a special treatment to pamper themselves, which means a happy client and more business for you.
- Run Black Friday discounts on social media and on your website. Stress your time-limited sale or exciting promotions on social media to encourage people to pop in. It is even great to invest in some Facebook advertising to reach a greater audience and boost your organic posts. But remember, advertising any sale or discount in advance works much better than posting on the day.
- Shift older salon stock. A quick dash around your salon will yield a surprising haul of forgotten items. Turn these items into hot sellers with a great, compelling price and beautiful packaging! Even bundle a few items together in an organza bag and create your own beauty, skin or tanning kit that’s appealing to the eye to move through your stock. Clients will suddenly feel they are getting value. It’s the one weekend when discounts are expected and work well, remember to price each item individually and show the discount to boost your cash flow.
- Run a Black Friday competition. A great way to get engagement to your salon’s pages is by running a competition on your Facebook leading up to Black Friday, or over the weekend, with a prize is a service that must be taken up in January or February, when you will be much quieter.
Only just realised that Black Friday is only a few days away? Research shows that the best way to promote your discounts, services or gift cards in salon is through e-newsletters or text. These are effective, inexpensive ways to reach your whole salon database to shout about your last-minute beauty bargains and treats.